Monday 24 October 2011

Illustrator Tutorials

This was my first ever project I created using Adobe Illustrator. I decided to try and replicate a frame from the 'Number 23' opening title. I downloaded a typewriter font from www.dafont.com which I felt was similar to the one used in the opening credits. I then imported an image from the Internet of parchment paper. However I struggled to find the tool for crop, as I didn't want the edges that were on the original picture. I researched thoroughly and found that the crop tool is not like the one in Adobe Photoshop but more of a selection tool and clipping the sections you do not want. It took me a long time and I eventually just used the crop tool in Photoshop. I feel that Illustrator is a great tool for drawing yet there are simpler ways in Photoshop to do things and if you know both software well enough, you'll know which ones to use and when.
I then researched the different brushes available and found default ink brushes which created the red splatters. 



No comments:

Post a Comment